Cameron is a specialist in construction law including litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
He has worked on significant projects in which he has assisted with the commercial management of the project on a day to day basis as well as providing legal advice and dispute avoidance resolution via adjudication and arbitration.
Cameron has also advised on front-end negotiation and drafting of commercial terms and contract data and has extensive experience in the following contracts:
NEC3 and NEC4,
The FIDIC Suite 1999 and 2017
GCC 2010 and 2015.
Cameron also provides training to construction professionals on NEC, FIDIC, JBCC and GCC and runs courses for beginners and experienced users.
Some of the matters Cameron has been involved in are the following:
- An extension to the Port of Saldanha dispute with a quantum of R80 million where he represented the Contractor in Adjudication proceedings under the NEC3
- Construction disputes at the Medupi and Kusile Coal Power Station acting for the Joint Ventures for the civil infrastructure packages for claims of R500 million and R900 million respectively based on FIDIC Red Book, supported by international delay analysts and an international law firm.
- Construction disputes at the Medupi and Kusile Coal Power Station for a subcontractor based on the FIDIC Yellow Book involving complex delay and disruption and loss of productivity claims.
- An extension to an open cast mine dispute with a quantum of R180 million which involved adjudications and arbitrations under the NEC3
- Drafting and negotiating the Engineering and Construction Contract NEC3 for the Employer for the designing, procurement and installation of a Land Fill Gas Scrubber and Flaring System
- Drafting and negotiating a NEC3 Term Service Agreement for the servicing of the Boilers at Medupi Coal Power Station on behalf of the OEM.
- Advising and overseeing the contract management for an extension to a oxygen production plant under the NEC3